Urban Forestry Advisory Committee
Total public members: 12
Method of Appointment: Appointed by the Mayor
Length of Appointment: 3 years
Residency: A strong preference for DC Residents from all 8 Wards
The purpose of the UFAC shall be to:
- Ensure coordination between the District agencies responsible for achieving the District's tree canopy goals and partners engaged in programs and activities geared toward achieving those goals.
- Advise District agencies responsible for achieving the District's tree canopy goals regarding policies, programs, and partnerships for the purpose of maintaining, protecting, and increasing the District's tree canopy; and
- Provide input on the 5-year urban forest report and master plan required by § 8-651.03(c).
- The Director of the District Department of Transportation, or the Director's designee;
- The Director of the District Department of the Environment, or the Director's designee;
- The Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation, or the Director's designee;
- The Director of the Department of General Services, or the Director's designee;
- The General Manager of District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority, or the General Manager's designee;
- A representative of the U.S. National Park Service;
- A representative of the U.S. General Services Administration;
- A representative of the District's electric utility;
- Three community representatives appointed by the Mayor knowledgeable in the fields of urban forestry, public policy, environmental protection, public administration, or environmental justice and equity; and
- One community representative appointed by the Chairperson of the Council committee with oversight of the District Department of the Environment.