Residency: Strong preference for DC residents from all 8 wards
Paid board: No (all roles are voluntary)
The Council, with the Administrator of the Rehabilitation Services Administration of the District of Columbia Department of Human Services, jointly develops, agrees to, and reviews goals and priorities on the provision of vocational rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities in the District of Columbia.
The Council consists of at least 21 members.
Qualifications for Appointment:
The Council will include individuals with disabilities; parents, family members and guardians of individuals with disabilities; and at least one representative from each of the following:
1. Statewide Independent Living Council;
2. Client assistance program;
3. Parent training and information center;
4. Community rehabilitation program service providers;
5. At least four representatives of business industry and labor;
6. Representatives of disability advocacy groups representing a cross section of individuals with physical, cognitive, sensory, and mental disabilities and representatives of individuals with disabilities who have difficulty representing themselves; and
7. Current or former applicants for or recipients of vocational rehabilitation services;
8. At least one representative of the State Workforce Investment Council.