Total public members: 14
Method of Appointment: Direct Mayoral Appointment
Length of Appointment: 3 years
Residency: DC residency required
Paid board: No (all roles are voluntary)
Description: The Mayor's Council shall:
(1) Advise the Mayor on matters related to physical fitness, obesity, and nutrition;
(2) Develop objectives to raise awareness of the:
(A) Risks of obesity;
(B) Benefits of physical activity and fitness; and (C) Benefits of healthy eating;
(3) Publish an annual report on the state of physical fitness, obesity, and nutrition, including any recommendations ("fitness report");
(4) Publish an annual report detailing all gifts, donations, and other funds received and all expenditures; and
(5) Perform any other duties as determined by the Mayor to be necessary or appropriate.
1. The following individuals, or their designees, shall be members of the Mayor's Council:
(A) The Mayor of the District of Columbia;
(B) The Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation;
(C) The Chancellor of District of Columbia Public Schools;
(D) The Chair of the Public Charter School Board;
(E) The Director of the Department of Aging; and
(F) Director of the Department of Health;
2. The Mayor shall designate one of the members listed in paragraph (1) of this subsection to serve as the chairperson. The chairperson shall serve at the pleasure of the Mayor.
3. (A) In addition to the members listed in paragraph (1) of this subsection, the Mayor's Council shall include:
(i) Five members appointed by the Council of the District of Columbia; and
(ii) Up to 14 members appointed by the Mayor.
(B) All members appointed pursuant to this paragraph shall:
(i) Be residents of the District of Columbia;
(ii) Have experience related to physical fitness, health, or nutrition;
(iii) Serve 3-year terms; and
(iv) Serve without compensation.
Paste your resume here or
Attach resume file